[Sca-cooks] Since I'm asking...

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 14:18:07 PST 2001

Got another question, this time on compost.

I've been fiddling around with another translation project, and this one has
a compost recipe in it.  It's a bit fancier than the one in Forme of Cury,
and has things like dried plums, raisins, pomegranate wine, and horseradish.
  (It's still in the original Catalan; I'll get it to you all as soon as I
can.)

In reading the Florilegium articles, I see it being served as part of a
first course, or as a complement to roast meats.  Is this a good stand-alone
dish, to be served with bread and meat pies and other finger foods, or must
it accompany a roast?  Since it's a pickle, how long does it keep in
sterilized jars, without necessarily canning it?  How much should I make for
about 200 people?

Just a few simple questions,

Vicente