[Sca-cooks] Order of serving food

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 21 21:32:04 PST 2001

My proto-incipient canton is probably holding an event this winter,
and I am to be head cook.  I am (of course) planning a Spanish
feast, and have already started testing recipes.  I'm shuffling around
dishes, trying to decide what goes in which course, and I had a
thought.  What if I served the period food in a period sequence?  I'd
start with bread and fruit and sweets (I'm thinking peach pits, here),
continue with two courses of main dishes (both savory and sweet),
and finish with cheese and nuts and possibly olives.  Has anyone
tried this?  How did the feasters react?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net