[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:48:52 PST 2001

Since things are so quiet should we now start the
annual "What did you have/serve for Thanksgiving?"
thread?

We only had three guests but I cooked for around
12 since Selene and I both love leftovers. Although
about now steak and/or sushi is looking good.

Basically a traditional Thanksgiving meal. 16-lb Turkey
cooked in a roasting bag and rubbed with herbed butter
stuffed with apples, celery, onion, lemon and herbs.
Cornbread stuffing
Potatoes cooked in chicken broth and mashed with heavy cream
Spinach and Kale sauteed with portabella mushrooms
Buttered corn
Parker House Rolls
Baked yams in the skin
Pecan and Pumpkin pies
Homemade whipped cream with chocolate liqueur whipped in.
Served with sodas and a nice Pinot Noir.

Gunthar