Verifying eggs (Was: [Sca-cooks] Food Fight!!)

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 02:17:13 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/28/2001 2:36:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> But I also realized that it need not be that bad if you required
>  each participant to bring one (or two) dozen hard boiled eggs. For
>  a hundred people that would give you over 1200 (or 2400) eggs. But
>  there might be a problem verifying that everyone had boiled the eggs
>  enough (or at all).

We live in an area where EVERY garb workshop we've ever had somebody either
forgets to bring fabric, or forgets to wash and dry it before starting, or
something along those lines. This is with clearly printed instructions.
People are NOT encouraged to think (I believe) in this culture.

I don't even want to think about verifying whether eggs have been boiled or
not. Who would handle that? The Marshals? Is there some kind of test, like
spin them or something?

I'd say duct taped foam balls and goggles on the participants is a good
thing. Just a thought.

Corwyn

"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind." --
General William Westmoreland