[Sca-cooks] SWEETENED RED BEAN PASTE

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Nov 30 14:37:02 PST 2001

I stocked up on Indian foods today. I got various lentals, a tamarind block,
and some spices.

One thing I got that is not particularly Indian, but was in the Japanese
section  (although I believe it to be Chinese) was  *sweetened red bean
paste*.  Does anybody know what exactly this stuff is and how to use it?
Master A???

I have had, and emensely enjoyed , several times in my life, deep fried
sesame balls.  I'm under the impression that sweetened red bean paste was in
this.  Am I correct?  Can sweetened red bean paste be eaten "straight up?
from the can and by itself?

Thanks for any imput!
Phillipa