[Sca-cooks] macaroni and cheese

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Nov 1 06:14:29 PST 2001

Since I started this thread by saying that my husband
and son liked and ate Kraft in the blue box, and then
Stefan asked about good recipes, I suppose that I ought
to come back into the conversation with recipes...
I grew up with the Betty Crocker classic version from
the 1950's and thought that Jane and Michael Stern's
analysis of m&c was very enlightening in Comfort Food.
For recipes that are easy to find on the web, I would
recommend going back to the basics and checking out:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/

Go to recipe finder and click on ingredient.
Then list macaroni and select macaroni pasta in the next
box; then cheese; then milk. Then click "get" recipes.
It will give you at least 23 good classic recipes that
very slightly in complexity and the time it takes to prepare
them. Some use kraft dinners; most just use Kraft cheeses.

It's an interesting site to browse through when making or
needing something for dinner for a family.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis