[Sca-cooks] delema

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Nov 1 06:27:56 PST 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Good morning all.  I hope everyone had a safe yet happy halloween.
>
> I am in a bit of a delema.  Last eve I went home from work and turned on the
> TV to watch the news.  I left the TV on for a bit of background noise and
> went to my lampworking bench to begin work on a new "boobie" prize necklace
> for our upcoming Blue Moon Event.  I figured it was a blue moon outside so
> it was a fitting time to begin. Well, to the point.
>
> As I was sitting working my ear was caught by a commercial and suddenly I
> was ROTFLMAO trying desperately not to catch myself on fire.  It was a
> commercial for Turkey SPAM!!  Now, I don't know if I just never paid
> attention before or it is new to our area (which I suspect is the case) but
> I honestly thought Master A made the whole thing up to tease me!  So my
> delema is...do I continue on with my planned little suprize or let him off
> the hook.
>
> What is your opinion?

Well, I think I'm not really entitled to an opinion, as I'm heavily
biased. However, for the record, I mentioned it only because I saw,
presumably, the same ad you saw, and it may well be new to my area as
well. I had never heard of this product until maybe five days ago,
myself. I'm not sure if it's really turkey Spam in the strictest sense,
though. I thought somehow that it was a little more fibrous/cohesive,
more like canned ham. You know. Almost like real meat. Or is it really
that ground-up stuff? Maybe Chirhart can tell us, as he has apparently
tried it.

I did think it was really amusingly tacky, though, the implicit
suggestion that, as we are entering the default turkey season in the US,
this would be just the product to buy for all your turkey needs.

On the other hand, how could it be any worse than Weaver Chicken (or
Turkey) Roll, which is a sort of dairy-enriched mortadella made of poultry?

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com