[Sca-cooks] at the risk of overmarzipanning folks

Peter Ryan prism at primus.com.au
Thu Nov 1 12:55:05 PST 2001

The cheapest way to get marzipan is to make it. I buy ground almond for
$8/kg (Australian) at my local produce market. In fact I am about to load
Peregrin ap Gwynfor into the car and buy 5kg of it for Lochac's November
Coronet this weekend. I bought 2kg last week for my lady, Gwir to make the
sotletie for this event. We chewed through another 3kg last month for the
Fruits of the Forest Feast II which I autocratted and she feastocratted. I
can't seem to put my hands on the recipe she uses at the moment, but I may
get to it after the mayhem of this weekend.

Gwynfor Lwyd OP, OLM, AA, PsC, OST etc
Canton of Krae Glas, Barony of Stormhold,
Principality of Lochac, West Kingdom