[Sca-cooks] Marrow - thanks

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Nov 2 06:31:47 PST 2001

Actually, I have what I've been told is a marrow spoon, not medieval, but probably Victorian.  It is sterling silver and has a sort of spoon shape...only instead of being
dished, it is a flat shape with the edges rolled up so that it almost resembles a cylinder.  At the other end it has a large knob which I've been told was used to crack the
bone, then the spoon end was used to scoop it out. It's probably about 8 - 10 inches long.   It's quite a lovely piece that I inherited from my former husband's
grandmother...the type of lady who, if such a thing was available, would be sure to have a marrow spoon!

Kiri