OT Re: [Sca-cooks] macaroni and cheese - OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Nov 3 07:23:20 PST 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

>>>Quick pop culture break:  It is worth mentioning that the Kraft Macaroni
>>>
>>&
>>
>>>Cheese pitchbeast Cheesasaurus Rex will be embodied as one of the five
>>>new
>>>giant balloons in the upcoming 75th Anniversary Macy*s Thanksgiving Day
>>>Parade in New York City later this month.  Test flight at the Meadowlands
>>>this Saturday.

First off, I need to thank Selene for her use of the proper name of this
  parade. I am spearheading the movement to institute the death penalty
for those who call it either the Macy*s Parade, or still worse (death by
stoning?), The Macy*s Day Parade.

>>>Selene in Caid, who just got the press release
>>>

>>Quick, somebody in NY call out the archers....
>>
>>=C6duin

You know, I actually saw some balloon testing on Hallowe'en night in
front of the American Museum of Natural History (they have nice, safe,
indoor trick-or-treating amongst the dinosaurs, and there are
unsubstantiated rumors, of course I wouldn't know anything about this
myself, that they give candy to adults too), but I didn't see anything
but large star balloons. No Cheesasaurus, no Barney.

> Nope. Save the arrows for the Barney Balloon.
>
> Wonder if fillet of Barney is purple?

You know, Stefan, I actually have a shareware game for the Mac OS called Barney Carnage; it has provided countless hours of good, clean, ultra-violent fun. Seems Barney is an alien demon bent on world domination. Your mission? Kill him. As often and as many times as is necessary, using any of six or seven weapons and extreme prejudice. Successive rounds get more difficult in different scenarios. I like the fact that when you shoot or stab Barney (watch out for blood), he says, "Ouch!", and turns into either a Barney angel which floats speedily up and out of range (but lots of extra points if you kill a Barney angel) or a conceptually similar but directionally polar Barney devil. The game doesn't seem to run on my system anymore; it has problems either with the G3 or with OS 9, but you might be able to run it quite well. It's still available on the Web for download (Sorry, Barney-haters, Mac OS only, AFAIK), or I could mail it to you.

Would that make you feel better?

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy