OT Re: [Sca-cooks] Arizona 3, New York 2

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Nov 4 21:39:28 PST 2001

Anne du Bosc wrote:

> It's a good night to live in the Valley of the
> Sun, even in the rain.
>
> Mordonna

I dunno, I'm feeling pretty good here in New York. But I'm in the vast minority. I'm just glad that since there's been no change in the Yankees' behavior on the field or off, and they continue to live to prove that it _does_ matter whether you win or lose, and _not_ how you play the game, that for once they were not rewarded for it. If they learn from this experience, as a New Yorker I'll be happy to wish them well again in their professional endeavors. Even if they had won, there would have been much consolation for me in the knowledge that Clemens actually came to bat and saw the other side of a fastball to the inside corner (walking, and doubtless smelling, funny thereafter), something I never thought to see him do, that I'll probably never see another Paul O'Neill temper tantrum, and maybe even never hear Joe Torre or Don Zimmer lie again, knowing Steinbrenner's fundamental insanity. I'm not holding out hopes for the end of the countless "neighborhood-of-second-base-but-n
ot-actually-on-it" Soriano double plays (twice against the D-Backs, at least once aginst the Mariners), nor the too frequent tags out at the plate with Posada's empty glove while he holds the ball in his other hand (twice in the World Series), nor Derek-Jeter-who-can-do-no-wrong's classic step with the rear leg into the strike zone and unaccountably being hit in the leg (twice in the ALCS), and the literally countless occasions when pitchers Hernandez and Rivera accidentally pitched with saliva-covered fingers after getting permission from umpires to blow on their fingers because 65 degrees F. is too cold to pitch.

But I don't want to bore people here with my eccentric grievances...
I'll be busy watching the inevitable plans for a ticker-tape parade for
the Yankees, paid for with my tax dollars.

Adamantius, wiping foam from mouth before it's too late
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com