OT Re: [Sca-cooks] Arizona 3, New York 2

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 07:11:41 PST 2001

Actually, I'm in your camp! Though I agree, we are in the minority, but we
have some company.

But I don't have cable, and am not getting Fox right now, so I didn't see
any of this, just heard it. So I can't give the detail you can. I did
expect Clemens to develop hamstring trouble right up until he actually
threw the ball...

Anne

Joe =
> Torre or Don Zimmer lie again, knowing Steinbrenner's fundamental
insanity.=
>  I'm not holding out hopes for the end of the countless
"neighborhood-of-se=
> cond-base-but-n
> ot-actually-on-it" Soriano double plays (twice against the D-Backs, at
leas=
> t once aginst the Mariners), nor the too frequent tags out at the plate
wit=
> h Posada's empty glove while he holds the ball in his other hand (twice
in =
> the World Series), nor Derek-Jeter-who-can-do-no-wrong's classic step
with =
> the rear leg into the strike zone and unaccountably being hit in the leg
(t=
> wice in the ALCS), and the literally countless occasions when pitchers
Hern=
> andez and Rivera accidentally pitched with saliva-covered fingers after
get=
> ting permission from umpires to blow on their fingers because 65 degrees
F.=