[Sca-cooks] Boiled Eggs & Bible

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Nov 5 17:49:59 PST 2001

Greetings to the list:

Just for fun I ran "egg" through the online
King James version. There were only 8 true hits.
Here they are ... none deal with
hard boiled eggs used as a garnish....
Probably JOB 6 is the best food one.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Deut.22

[6] If a bird's nest chance to be before thee
 in the way in any tree, or on the ground,
 whether they be young ones, or eggs, and
the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs,
 thou shalt not take the dam with the young:

Jer.17
[10] I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins,
 even to give every man according to his ways, and
according to the fruit of his doings.
[11] As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth
 them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right,
 shall leave them in the
midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
[12] A glorious high throne from the beginning is
 the place of our sanctuary.

Job.6

   1.[6] Can that which is unsavoury be eaten
 without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

Job.39
[13] Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacocks?
or wings and feathers unto the ostrich?
[14] Which leaveth her eggs in the earth, and warmeth
them in dust,
[15] And forgetteth that the foot may crush them,
 or that the wild beast may break them.
[16] She is hardened against her young ones,
 as though they were not hers: her labour is in vain without fear;
[17] Because God hath deprived her of wisdom,
 neither hath he imparted to her understanding.
[18] What time she lifteth up herself on high,
 she scorneth the horse and his rider.

Isa.10
 And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people:
 and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the
earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or
peeped.

Isa.59

   1.[5] They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave
 the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs
 dieth, and that which is
     crushed breaketh out into a viper

Jer.17

[10] I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins,
 even to give every man according to his ways, and
according to the fruit of his doings.
[11] As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth
 them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right,
 shall leave them in the
midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
[12] A glorious high throne from the beginning is
 the place of our sanctuary.

Luke.11
[11] If a son shall ask bread of any of you
 that is a father, will he give him a stone?
or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him
a serpent?
[12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him
 a scorpion?
[13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give
 good gifts unto your children: how much more
 shall your heavenly Father give the
Holy Spirit to them that ask him?