[Sca-cooks] Re: ?? : Chicken & Pear Stew

Susan Browning swbro at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 22:12:29 PST 2001

Greetings,

I used the redaction you posted for our Fall Collegium.  I made a test batch
in advance, and made some modifications.  I used the cider vinegar rather
than red wine, as a matter of taste preference.  I also used a lot less
vinegar than the redaction you found originally.  I used a combination of
bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, and a home grown bantam rooster.  So, I
roasted the chicken breasts, and started stewing the rooster right away.
Once the chicken breasts were partially done, I simmered them in the broth
with the rooster.  Once cooked, I removed the chicken, skinned, boned, and
chunked them, and then stewed them longer.  It came out very pleasant, but I
think I ended up using too little vinegar in an attempt to not use too much.

Eleanor