[Sca-cooks] Farmers Market, Hawaii

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 09:08:59 PST 2001

Amanda Baker wrote:

> Morning, again,
>
>         All I can say is, Lord Umberto and Lady Rhieinwen are
> mad, and fantastic - they are moving back to the US the week#
> after they Autocrat!

True, True and What?!  They came from CAid, Darachshire to be precise, are
they moving back HERE here, or someplace else in the US?

> >Oh, I like the exotic tea and coffee idea.
>
>         I kinda expected everyone to be doing it - I mean, would
> your persona have had access to coffee? Can you _really_ get
> into their shoes in the morning if you drink it??

There are people I don't want near me until they have had their early morning
ritual caffeine.  There's time enough for persona adjustment when they are
awake.  What would their persona's morning drink be instead, beer?  No.  Just
no.

> Lainie:
> > I suspect that just about anywhere, it would be the same. Real food,
> > fresh food, food without 'stuff'- find the real people.

This is good advice wherever you go.  The only reason England has this bad
cooking rep is that tourists keep trying to eat their own familiar meals
cooked by people who are unfamiliar with it.  Stick with the strengths like
the wonderful meat and dairy and those enchanting desserts and you'll never
complain about English food again.  In California we can get many nice foreign
cuisines cooked by their real native cookers, but don't be looking for clotted
cream.  The stuff they ship from Devon in overpriced tiny jars is a
metallic-tasting insult to Devon and cows everywhere.

Selene, Caid