[Sca-cooks] Aw heck I forget now

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Nov 8 17:04:21 PST 2001

Vincent Cuenca wrote:

> Fitting, especially for our good Master Adamantius.  Wasn't the text for his
> Laureling scroll inspired by a sausage recipe?

That's the rumor...

Supposedly, the author took an Apician isicia recipe, changed the nouns
and, occasionally, the verbs, and came up with what was supposed to be
an obviously highly stylized description of my alleged personality and
achievements. It ended up saying something like, "Take a gentle, season
with much knoiwledge and a passion for learning, temper with years of
patient service, yadda yadda, and garnish with Laurel leaves..."

That was a promissory. The text of the actual scroll (actually a spoof
of the mosaics done for the BBC Claudius series, with the snake and
all), is different.

Adamantius, gettin' grilled again, but feeling rather fried

troy at asan.com