[Sca-cooks] Query re. The Muffin Man!! (OOP OT)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 11:42:26 PST 2001

Mari wrote:

> Arrrgggghhhhhh - having finally seen "Shrek" I find that I can not get the
> following dialogue out of my mind.....
>
> Can anyone advise where this comes from? - It is a children's nursery rhyme
> or perhaps a US based commercial jingle?

Where is Drury Lane?  Nope, it's English, Mother Goose and everything.  Here's
a good site for all kinds of Mother Goose rhymes, many of which I don't think
I've heard mentioned since my own toddlerhood.  Upon closer examination, not
all of it seems to be Mother Goose per se, but much fun.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/dreamhouse/nursery/rhymesABC.html

Selene, Caid