[Sca-cooks] Honey butter

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Nov 9 15:33:35 PST 2001

Margaret commented:
> One of our local Laurel's, Master Charles O'Connor, has found references
> to honey butter used in various ways in period Irish poems, and
> references to various flavored butters used in various ways again, in
> Irish law.

Well yes, we've discussed butter and honey butter here before. But
no one has been able to give evidence for honey butter being used
on bread as a spread. As a medicinal item, yes. But not as a spread.
We do have multiple referances to other flavored butters though.

For more info, see this file:
butter-msg       (108K)  9/24/01    Period butter. Making butter. Butter
churns.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/butter-msg.html

I would however, love to see this additional info on butter, whether it
is definative on the honey butter subject or not. As an article that
I could add to the Florilegium, or even just a long message would be
nice.

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net