[Sca-cooks] Need Recipes for Yule Contests...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 14 09:29:55 PST 2001

> <<I'd think strongly about what the judges might really be
> wowed by and go from there. What's not been done in years
> past? Is there a strong tradition of any cuisine that would
> be really appreciated more than others? (German over Frenc...or Italian over
> English?)>>

Good-tasting over bad-tasting.  The cooking mavens in Altavia are a pretty
cosmopolitan lot, she said modestly.

> I'll try to answer these as best as I can.  I have no info on answer any of
> these questions.  Working purely on the "new guy" mentality here.  Maybe
> Selene may know?
>
> ><<Are these main dishes or can they be sweets and candies?>>
>
> Rather do main dishes...

Any of the above.  Tho' the carrot candy sounds intriguing.

> ><<How many should the recipe serve?>>
>
> Last year there was about 80 people who showed to this event.  I;d figure if
> it feeded 15 that should be fair (Selene?  Aeddie?  What do you think?).

I think we were saying 8-10 but 15 is OK by me!

> ><<Can they be served or reheated at the event site?>>
>
> Not without a lot of hassel.  I live five minutes from the site though.

Duryn is bringing the propane-fired range, and the site has a microwave.

Æddie gripes:
>Too late, I put them in a box tonite....
It is my hope to get books shelved in the new house before the middle of
December.  Is this wishing for too much?

>Æduin, who wonders when the "pack and move the peer"
>got put into his contract......

Æduin would not know what to do with a tape dispenser.  My good friend STEVE is
helping us move.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Selene, Caid