[SCA-Cooks] Medieval cooking for non-cooks

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Nov 14 15:59:55 PST 2001

"Mark.S Harris" wrote:

> Sometimes I feel like the guy in Dante's Inferno? that had to keep
> pushing the boulder up the hill only to have it come crashing back
> down. I took about three copies each of a dozen different recipes
> to fighter practice last night, and even though a few people looked
> at a few, still ended up bringing home all of them. :-(

Sigh... been there, done that.

Just an idea though- maybe next time, instead of recipes, pick one
recipe and make a batch to share- something simple, portable,
interesting- finger food. Maybe Gingerbrede? small cakes? small balls of
spiced sausage? or even a pie or tart made up in a muffin tin instead of
one big one. Yummy smells and something RIght There to taste... and then
you can pull out the recipe for interested parties. Folks will try just
about anything if it's already made up, and that way you can gradually
ease them in conceptually... says the spider to the fly... ;-)

good luck!

'Lainie