[Sca-cooks] fruit

phoenissa at netscape.net phoenissa at netscape.net
Sat Nov 17 15:38:36 PST 2001

Steve <s.mont at verizon.net> wrote:

>--
>Just saw the beginning of Naomi Judd's Thanksgiving special and there at
>the bottom of the screen was a cloven orange.  Who says FoodTV doesn't have
>any period content?
>
>Æduin
>--

Actually I saw some other period (well, not SCA period) stuff on the Food Network today :-)  It was Al Roker (that guy from the Today show) doing a New England Thanksgiving thing (I turned on the TV inthe middle of the show so don't kno exactly what it was).  But he was interviewing these people who did early 19th-c. American historical re-enactment, and they cooked a period Thanksgiving dinner, in garb and everything :-)  It looked really cool.

Vittoria