[Sca-cooks] Proteges Belts

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Nov 19 15:25:38 PST 2001

>I can think of no impediment to a long distance Pelican/Protege
>relationship, other than the usual hassles of distance. Sir Gregory
of Loch
>Swan has several US based squires, I have a protege in Sweden, and
Spider
>has apprentices in Stormhold that I know of.

Nod.  Cool.

>Equally, not all SAPs are created in order to get a peer.

Agreed.  I'm a protege with no desires to become a pelican.

>I have made
>proteges because someone needed a "home" in the SCA, and I have made
them
>because I believe that the person will one day make Pelican. I'm even
>thinking that I may make one for fighting, as the knights here are on
>injured reserve or don't play.
>
>BTW.. you ARE coming down for William Marshal/Baronial Invest, aren't
you?

Umm, afraid not.  I'd like to but:

1) Probably working that weekend moving servers, not sure as yet,
2) Broke and unable to get a convienient cheap flight.  I don't know
   of anyone driving down.
3) I have a house inspection a few days afterwards and probably need
   to get some gardening done.

I might get down earlier in the new year for one of your smaller
events...

Drakeyboy (no alphabet soup for me thanks...)