[Sca-cooks] HALVAH ICE CREAM & uncooked eggs

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Nov 21 08:41:18 PST 2001

johnna holloway wrote:

> Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:
> > Phillipa
> > PS: what is everyone's ideas about using uncooked eggs?
> > Phillipa
> I have very mixed feelings about raw eggs. If I am serving my
> family, it's one thing to use raw eggs. I'm responsible for
> what they eat and what I serve them.
>
> Serving or using raw eggs at a feast... these days NO!
> I just would not do it. I do not want a remote chance that
> someone could later say that they became ill,

I have to agree here- while I think the chance of my having a problem
with an egg (the actual rate of infection in commercial eggs is
negligible) is low, when cooking for others the chances of their having
problems goes up. Someone on immune-suppressive drugs, for instance- how
would I know they're attending feast? Do I want to take a chance? Not
really.

But if I'm making eggnog at home, that's what I'll use. Yum. Hmm... now
I want eggnog...

'Lainie