[Sca-cooks] Order of serving food

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Nov 23 11:51:27 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/22/2001 12:38:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rcmann4 at earthlink.net writes:

> I'm shuffling around
> dishes, trying to decide what goes in which course, and I had a
> thought.  What if I served the period food in a period sequence?  I'd
> start with bread and fruit and sweets (I'm thinking peach pits, here),
> continue with two courses of main dishes (both savory and sweet),
> and finish with cheese and nuts and possibly olives.  Has anyone
> tried this?  How did the feasters react?

I've never actually done it, but I can tell you I'd react very wll indeed.
Cheese, nuts, and olives sounds like a dandy way to finish a feast, and makes
much more sense than heavy sweets that you want to gorge on when you're
already full...

Brangwayna Morgan