[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 15:01:44 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/26/01 11:32:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
afmmurphy at earthlink.net writes:

> Now, the one gelled exception is aspic, but that does really follow the
> rule. It isn't about gelatin, it's about sweetness. Aspic is tart. A salad
> is tart and vinegary and sets off the meal. Right? *G*

Actually there are two kinds of salads, according to quite a few culinary
dictionarys. there are simple salads and compound salads. A simple salad
would be the basic mixed greens and a compound salad f(or example) would be
something like Waldorf or carrot/raisin salad. Most compound salads don't
have a lettuce base, if I remember correctly. But it can indeed be jello-
based or even apic based.