[Sca-cooks] salt cod

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 28 06:26:51 PST 2001

 OK, when I freeze things in my refrigerator freezer they sometimes get
soggy. Of course, it is not (by any stretch of the imagination) frost free,
and I think that makes a difference. I'm willing to believe a chest freezer
is different, but I've never had one.

And, as for weather, when my parents moved inland, I had trouble getting
used to how dry the winters were. Here on the coast, we go from hot and
humid to cold and damp. So, even outside of Texas, your own climate will
vary.

But I had also been wondering that about salt cod. It is sold in
refrigerated cases, but is that just for long term, would it be OK to have
it unrefrigerated for a few days, for an event, for instance?

Anne