[Sca-cooks] Scandinavian feast

Ana L. Valdés agora at algonet.se
Wed Nov 28 13:37:13 PST 2001

My students in the island of Gotland (the main city of the Swedish Middleage)
suggested a nice Middle Age banquet the other day. They proposed a cod baked
with herbs, onions and sour milk. Spinach with raisins and almonds (it was a lot
of spices arriving to Visby from Russia, Novgorod and from Byzantium), turnips
and swedes. A dessert made with mead and flour and heavy spiced with cinnammon
and honey.
In fact, my students are studying to design computer games, but I insist they
must have a good knowledge about the Middle Age if they want to make a "period"
game with the Middle Age as world.
Ana