[Sca-cooks] Re: Research cooking vessels

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:03:21 PST 2001

>And while Arte is asking about clay cooking vessels, may I also ask for
>resources/pictures of late SCA period brass/bronze cooking vessels?
>
>Thanks,
>
>MD/Marged

I have links to a few great chinese bronze places...here is one that is
early...before our period (I can't remember now what the site said), but
they did use them during period (things in China, Korea and Japan, in
cooking vessels/knifes/feast gear didn't change all that much even to this
day, as far as my research as proven).

http://www.smcm.edu/Academics/ALDiv/Art/webcourses/arth100/monumentality/shang/shhome.html

If you'd like more, let me know.  One of my ideas for an A&S project is
making a chinese cook pot (my teacher, Robi, thought I was joking when I
first told him what I wanted to make), a ding, which is a three legged cook
pot (I believe).  There are some great books I have on chinese bronze work,
so if you want these book referrences I can try to dig them out and post
them on here.  Just let me know.  I don't want to bore anyone (or hog the
bandwidth).

Asian vessels I have completely covered, so if people would like info on
asian ceramics in period, I can probably help you out.  This stuff is my
speciality. :)

--Arte the cracked pot