[Sca-cooks] mock turtles

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Nov 29 08:04:04 PST 2001

IIRC, my copy of Alice what had color illustrations had the Mock Turtle
with a brown head, like the average Jersey/Gurnsey/Brown Swiss cow, and a
greenish-brown turtle-y colored shell. Kind of a muddy green. Muddy brown
flippers. They do not tell you what color Mock Turtle Soup ought to be,
and neither do I recall what colour the Griffon was, because he was in the
background.

Incidentally, what color *is* Mock Turtle Soup?

Margaret