[Sca-cooks] Christmas Dinner

Mary Denise Smith costumemag at costumemag.com
Fri Nov 30 17:45:34 PST 2001

I do the big cooking thing on Christmas Eve. China, crystal, no T-shirts
allowed at the table, the whole shebang. Menu is usually beef roast
(venison if my husband did something besides take his rifle for a nice
walk in the woods), Yorkshire pudding, broccoli with lemon, mixed green
salad and whatever assortment of pickles, munchies, etc., has struck my
fancy. Dessert varies from year to year. This year I am thinking of a
steamed apple pudding I saw on the BBC food site. I suppose I should
test the recipe first . . .

Christmas morning I do a nice breakfast, nothing fancy. Probably waffles
this year. The rest of the day is pot luck unless we go to my
Mother-in-law's. A friend in Denver usually throws a Boxing Day open
house, so there's more eats to be had . . .

MD/Marged