[Sca-cooks] Suet dumplings

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Fri Nov 30 17:50:19 PST 2001

The suet acts like a binder, really.  You tie them up in cloth and boil
the batter.  The suet cooks out and you're left with a nice cake-y thing.
 Great with nutmeg sauce.

The fruit peel is penance food in the same way that lutefisk is.  It's a
gross joke of food that you'd only eat as a form of punishment.  I still
say that it isn't really fruit anything--it's those translucent erasers
that we all wanted as kids.  They sucked as erasers, but you could see
through them.

Morgana