[Sca-cooks] Re: Duke Cariadoc's challenge response

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Sun Oct 7 08:46:09 PDT 2001

Unto His Grace, Duke Sir Cariadoc of the Bow doth poor, pitiful, soon to be
toasted Puck once again send greetings and sincere thanks for Your Grace's
eloquent response to the challenge of Adamantius the formidable.  Your
graciousness, Sir, in response to this matter is truly worthy of a former
King of the Jewel of the Knowne World.

Through my unworthy voice doth my Master, Gideanus Tacitus Adamantius,
Master of the Laurel, Minister of Arts and Sciences, Tormentor of
Apprentices and Guardian of the True Culinary Way, speak as follows:

While it is truly lamentable that His Grace cannot accept my challenge in
its original form, I do understand that the advancement of heresy places a
tremendous burden upon one's time and resources.  As such, I am willing to
be magnanimous in this affair and do propose to resolve this matter of
honour and culinary authenticity as implied in Duke Cariadoc's missive.  I
say to you Sir, let the matter be resolved at Puck's Glen in the Canton of
Trollhaven whilst The Duke spreads his cuskeynole heresy in the Barony of
Carolingia in the company of his esteemed Lady Wife.  So do I say (Puck,
make sure you get this right!), Your Grace, I have offered the challenge and
the venue, it is to you to choose the exact date and time, but let the Great
Cuskeynole Debate be determined once and for all in the Great Cuskeynole
Duel!

In fairness to all concerned and so that there be no prevarication once the
inevitable result is displayed, I would ask that Count Gunthar himself act
as impartial judge in this matter (Puck tells me that by hook or by crook
Gunthar will be in the area round about then) should he deem the matter
important enough for his time.

So spake my Master.  So ends my duty for the moment.

lightly browned on one side already, Puck