[Sca-cooks] Catering question.

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Sun Oct 14 10:53:48 PDT 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:17:49 -0700 (PDT) Ruth Frey <ruthf at uidaho.edu>
writes:

>	Has anyone had any experience with having an outside
>party prepare food?  Anything in particular to watch for
>or avoid?  I've eaten in this hotel's restaurant before, and
>the food was *very* good, if not terribly Medieval, so they
>are at least competent.

    Ehh-(shudder, shudder, twitch, twitch!)  Bad memories of sekanjabin
flavoured with mint-flavoured pekoe tea.  We said--mint tea, meaning
Celestial Seasonings, they heard (mint) Tea!

   If the staff is willing to use y'all's recipes, I would see if you
could get them to consider coming to a tasting party, so they will have
some idea of what you want.  As with spinning, Moderns have a rather
distorted idea of medieval food, not at all helped by the proliferation
of Ren Faires in the last few years.

   Elizabeth