[Sca-cooks] Tongue - blech

Nikki McGeary draculachanter at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 07:20:34 PDT 2001

I'm vegetarian now, but I'll tell of my exposure to
beef tongue.  One day, years ago, my friend's mother,
who is British, brought home a variety of lunch meats
and cheeses.  One package contained what I thought was
corned beef, so a grabbed some and ate it while they
watched me with a kind of strange humor on their
faces.  "Do you know what that is?" they asked.
"Sure," I said, "it's corned beef."  Tasted good,
though the texture was different than I'd expected.
They told me it was tongue and they caught the look on
my face with a handy camera.

Heloise, shuddering at the thought that she actually
ingested the tongue of a cow...

=====
"We may live without poetry, music and art; We may live without conscience, and live without heart; We may live without friends; we may live without books; But civilized man cannot live without cooks."
'Lucile' Owen Meredith (Edward Robert Bulwer-Lytton).(1831-1891)