[Sca-cooks] Tur-duc-kin

Amanda Whiteley siancr at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 19 07:04:31 PDT 2001

My father-in-law has a period, or slightly OOP, recipe that begins, I
believe, with a lark and has each bird stuffed inside a progressively larger
bird until it quits at swan.  They did call it "Great Pie", which is
interesting as I can find no trace of pastry.  Does anybody know what the
word "pie" originally meant?

Sian