[Sca-cooks] Estrella A&S

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 03:27:46 PST 2001

In a message dated 10/31/2001 3:41:16 AM Mountain Standard Time,
cnevin at caci.co.uk writes:

> > Can anyone define what is considered to be
> > medicinal???  Even the herbs used
> > in period for culinary use were often added for
> > their effects on the humors
> > or to stimulate the appetite or to prevent things
> > like flatulence.  All of
> > those fall under a broad definition of "medicinal".
> > Anyone have a guess or
> > suggestion on what the above qualifier might mean?
> >
> > Constance
>
> It means whoever wrote the rules probably didn't know much about medieval
> cooking or dietary theory.
>
> Lucrezia (not being rude, just truthful)

LOL   actually that was my own conclusion.  I think that they were trying to
say that they didn't want concoctions with poisonous and/or dangerous plants,
nor did they want to see "magic" potions entered.  Unfortunately they chose
the wrong terminology.  So I guess I will just have to wait and see if they
make any changes or additions to the wording or if I will just have to skip
entering this year. (sigh)  Oh well, not entering would make my first
Estrella a little less stressful anyway right?

Constance