[Sca-cooks] pans

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Mon Oct 1 07:03:38 PDT 2001

    Tell me about it. The only time I ever came close to losing my temper
and assaulting someone in the kitchen was when, after a long and careful
explanation about why you DON'T scour the 16" no stick pan, the stupid SOB
utterly destroyed it with a steel coil pad and Bon-Ami.  Not even an hour
after I went through the explanation. And this wasn't a case of language
difficulty - this was a (stupid) local boy. I found out later that he'd gone
outside and gotten high before he ruined the pan.
    At that point (after a major chewing out), I gave him a choice of having
the cost taken out of his paycheck or hitting the road. He then cussed me
out and stomped off. so I charged him for the pan anyway. He was seriously
hacked when he came to get his check, and it was given to him taped to the
pan, along with the bill for it (we deducted the cost first, of course). I
recently learned he's now in the slam for his 4th DUI . . . and he's not
even 20 yet. Definitely not SCA material . . .
    Since then, the very few no-sticks we have in the kitchen are cleaned by
ME, and god help the dishwasher who touches one.

    Sieggy