[Sca-cooks] And this just in...

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 08:32:15 PDT 2001

Oh Master A!!
Thank You for a WONDERFUL story!!!!  <big grin!!>
I am laughing as I type this.  I absolutly MUST share this story with my
friend who also "likes" <ahhem> MS.

A few years ago this friend says to me , holding up the local newpaper   "Oh
look, Martha Stewart is coming to the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds to judge the
local poultry show. Let's try to get tickets...."  1) I'm thinking, "why? you
can't stand the woman" and 2) I'm thinking "poultry = dinner".  Well, I mean.
wouldn't you?  Seems logical to me.

We get there and it's like a dog show.  There were tons of chickens and
roosters in cages and being strutted around on leashes.  All their feathers
were fluffed with blow dryers (I'm not kidding!!)  and some of them had bows
in their hair....I mean feathers.    I mean...fluffing a chicken??? These
birds were definitely NOT destined for the soup pot.  (more's the pity)

Anyway, back at Martha, there she was in a school bus yellow slicker.
Ignoring all the "little people" who came to see her and posing with a gooney
smile plastered on her face (when the cameras were pointed at her).......
Phillipa