[Sca-cooks] Halloween food

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 11:30:18 PDT 2001

>fill up with something wonderful like applesauce or apple cider or
> >> minced lamb or tzimis and then bake them
><snip>
>
>What's 'tzimis' ?  I've never heard of it.
>/Angus

Well, firstly, I misspelled it.  It should be something more like Tzimmis
(pronounced simmus).  It is a dish of Jewish origin, I beleive.  It seems
that for every person that *cooks* tzimmis; there is a different *recipe*.
Some use meat, some sweets, some fruits, etc, etc. In mine I use no meat but
I do use sweet potatoes, carrots, prunes, raisins, onions, orange juice,
spices.  It seems I left something out but cann't recall what.
Olwen