[Sca-cooks] Marzipan roses

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 1 19:04:22 PDT 2001

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> --
> Wow!!!
>

>>Amalric Blackhart 07/89
>>Argent, goutty de sang, a stag rampant and a chief sable. 03/90
>>SCA: Count 4/1/2000
>>SCA: Knight, Order of Chivalry East 8/18/1994
>>East: Companion of the Tygers Combattant East 7/25/1992
>>SCA: Award of Arms East 5/13/1989
>>SCA: Augmentation of Arms 8/17/1997
>>Atlantia: Companion of the Shark's Tooth 4/5/1997

His Excellency is also the man who challenged me to a duel when I listed the wrong name instead of his own for contact info on a fighter practice in Ostgardr (I had already copiously apologized, both to him personally and in the newsletter), and when I agreed to meet him on the field in the spring, we found ourselves working together in the kitchen at 12th Night. I was busy removing the chine bones from 27 whole pork loins (simple: you hold them up in your left hand, and chop through the rib bones with your Chinese cleaver in your right, and the spinal bone structure falls off the piece of meat to the sound of your loudest roar of "TIIIIIIIIIMMBERRRR!!!"). His Excellency watched this for a bit, appeared to swallow a couple of times, walked over and said, apropos of nothing, that he hoped I knew he'd been joking about that fight we were supposed to have...

I imagine he's mellowed some since then.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com