[Sca-cooks] Samhain food

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Oct 1 23:21:29 PDT 2001

Well, I don't know which season goat was most common in, but I
think most period recipes specify a young goat...

Anyway, here are some period recipes:
goat-msg          (14K) 11/ 8/00    Period goat dishes. Cooking goat. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/goat-msg.html

I also think a number of recipes specify goat or lamb, so you might
also check this file:
lamb-mutton-msg   (89K)  9/ 4/01    Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/lamb-mutton-msg.html

Stefan
(who usually has a hard time finding lamb in his grocery, much less
goat)

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net