[Sca-cooks] GRANDMARINIER POUNDCAKE RECIPE?

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 05:03:17 PDT 2001

Recipe is as follows for basic butter poundcake.

1 pound butter
3 cups sugar, granulated
6 eggs
4 cups flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract.

For The Grand Marnier Cranberry Cake it adds:
1-3 oz dried cranberries(use your own tastes to measure)
1/4 cup Grand Marnier liquour (use only 1/2 cup milk)

If you want to use fresh berries, roll them in flour and then fold in.

Technique:
preheat oven to 325 deg. Grease and flour 10" bundt mold or individual molds.

Cream butter until pale (almost white) and gradually add sugar. Add eggs one
at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternating milk and flour,
gradually add into batter. Should end with milk(or milk and Grand Marnier).
Blend in extracts. Fold in cranberries (or other dried fruits/berries). Pour
into prepared molds and bake until golden brown and as always, tooth
pick(bamboo squewer, toothpicks are too short to reach the center) inserted
comes out cleanly. takes about 1-1 3/4 hours. Depends on size of mold.

I have min-molds for doing gifty-types-things, and those still take an hour.
Also depends on your oven as well, so try a basic recipe first then with the
additions. I also like to drizzle a little simple syrup/ Grand Marnier
mixture over and serve with vanilla ice cream. Yummmyyyyy.

Finnebhir, good luck, everyone loves it when I make this.