[Sca-cooks] pine nut candy (and more)

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Oct 2 16:16:01 PDT 2001

Wrynne commented:
>         Olwen, we gotta go shopping some day!  You know all the cool
>places.     BTW  - I saw some dates the other day stuffed with marzipan
>(green marzipan).  Yum!

Well, there have been some comments on this list from single women
seeking men. I guess stuffing your dates with marzipan might help...

>         I had a 2nd tray of the Pine Nut candy at home, and finally got it
>to set, unlike that one I brought to the cooks' guild meeting.  It's set,
>but I wouldn't trust it to stay set, and it's too soft IMO.  >

I made this dish to take to Pennsic for our SCA-Cooks pot luck four
years ago. I had a lot of trouble with it getting moist and sticking
together. I'd break the pieces apart again, but have to repeat it
a short time later. It also didn't stay as hard as I expected, although
it never oozed back into one big blob again, as one of my gingerbread
batches for a demo did.

For the gingerbread, I just took it back home, heated it back up on
the stove and mixed in more bread crumbs.

Stefan li Rous