[Sca-cooks] Cheap? Copy of Soup for the Qan

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 3 09:00:10 PDT 2001

Barnes and Noble is selling it at 127.00 usd, so it
is being discounted in USA by some sellers.
It's worth having a copy if you are into food history
or think that you are ever going to be involved with
Mongolian Food within the Society. It's worth requesting
that it be purchased for academic library collections.
If you can locate a copy in a library, you might be able
to copy the recipes of interest without springing for the
volume. If you are at all hestitant about buying it, I would
strongly suggest making the effort to see a copy prior to
purchase. It has limited appeal for those into strictly
European cuisines.

Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Holloway

"Craig Jones." wrote:

> Guys,
>> If you are really serious about branching out in a new direction
> cooking wise or planning to do a REALLY authentic Mongol/Yuan Chinese
> feast then this book is an essential.>
> It is only one of 2 sources with primary recipes and well worth the
> money for anyone serious about the subject.>
> I've really enjoyed this book...> Drakey.

 I thought Iwould send this out in case anyone else is interested.