[Sca-cooks] parkin and lambs in apples

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 3 08:52:40 PDT 2001

> Ooooh, yummmyyy.....I know what I'm making this weekend......
> Would the best american "black treacle" equivalent be dark molasses? And
> would the oats be rolled, or steel-cut? (I've got both, so it's no
> biggie).
> --Maire

The same oats as you make porridge with.
Treacle is different from molasses but not that much....try you can NOT ruin
parkin with good ingridients.
The lambs in apple is a family recipie from about 1650 when the family
arrived on New Farm.
and they brought it with them. the books I got it from are unfortunately
LONG GONE. They were family farmhouse books dating back 300 ++ years.
vara