[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic Hippies

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:22:34 PDT 2001

> > Then too there were the Pennsic XXX hippies who were also going on and
>on and
> > on about not fighting a WAR! I almost asked one of the Ulfhednar to go
>over
> > and hold them while I repeated smacked the silly people with a sword.
>Humph.
> > What is the world coming to when we can't fight a traditional battle
>without
> > some pansy chanting in our ears???
>
>Ah... I figured they were just having fun with a little anachronistic
>justaposition.  Parody.  I thought it was funny!
>
>-Magdalena

These must be the same folks I saw.  They carried placards on sticks in a
mimick of the old anti-war rallies, but what I as first thought was "make
love, not war" was, in fact, NOT what they were chanting.  They were
chanting "make love AT war".  Had I not been busy setting up the buffett for
the Dance folks I would have joined them.  I thought they were hysterical!
Olwen