[Sca-cooks] (OOP) 2 Questions - Aioli & Pickled Onions

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Oct 4 06:54:15 PDT 2001

1.  Pickled onions...maybe Eleanor Fettiplace? I know there were recipes
in there for asparagus and mushrooms....
2.  Aioli (yummers).  From my copy of Jeff Smith's _The Frugal Gourmet_,
p. 322:
Ingredients: 5 cloves garlic, 1 egg at room temperature, 1 c. olive oil
at room temperature, 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Crush the garlic in a food blender.  Add the egg, and blend for 15
seconds.  Very slowly add the oil through the top of the blender so that
an emulsion can take place.  Stir in the lemon juice by hand.

I've seen variations that add a bit of salt, or paprika, but that's
basically it.....
--Maire, who definitely believes in letting Mr. Blender do all the
work....