[Sca-cooks] Possibly food related. Dogwood trees.

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Oct 4 06:51:45 PDT 2001

I suspect that what you have is the common dogwood found all over in the
wild.  We have lots of it growing wild in the woods.  It has a
heart-shaped leaf, a four-petaled white bloom in the spring and lovely
red berries in the fall.  I have never heard of them being edible, but
then there's a lot that I've never heard of.  There is a "kosa" dogwood
that has sort of almond shaped leaves, and the blossoms have
almond-shaped petals as well (the others are more heart-shaped) and
blooms during the summer.  I have no idea about these either.

Kiri