[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic Hippies

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 08:44:02 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/3/01 3:20:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:

<< Why thank you, I've always wanted to be called a pansy! Johnny-jump-ups
 are my favorite flowers.

 (I'm not entirely unsure how anyone could be unclear about the difference
 between a war and a tournament now.)

Humph. Well, if you want to be known as any kind of flower, I suppose
Johnny-jump ups are ok, what with their many colored faces. But personally I
would rather be known as a tree. Probably a hawthorne(beware the spines!) or
an old venerable oak. But I don't have the (physical) age to be an old
venerable oak just yet. So for now a hawthorne it is.

Anyone have any recipes for acorns? I think they were eaten at some point,
but I don't know for sure.

Finnebhir