[Sca-cooks] re: lands

Nikki McGeary draculachanter at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 10:33:33 PDT 2001

I was born in the Philadelphia area, and starting at
age 9 we lived in Jacksonville, FL for 8 years.  For
some forgotten reason, I was determined not to acquire
a southern drawl, and I never did.  I was often used
by teachers to show how to pronounce words with my
Yankee way of talking, most often in choir.  "It's
'corn' not 'cahn'..."

Remember the Valley Girl phase?  You know, when
everyone was trying to talk like Moon Unit Zappa in
her father's Valley Girl song?  I have to confess that
I had to laugh when I heard southern girls trying to
do it...

Heloise

=====
"You should never doubt what no one is sure about."
Willy Wonka